This week's small talk six is to list items of clothing or accessories you've loved and you wish would come back into style. I don't know that I wish that any of these things would come back into style but they were all things that I loved at one point or another. Gotta love the 80s.
1. Who didn't have a pair of Mork suspenders back in the day?? I got these at Christmas one year when I was probably 7 or 8 and I loved the silly things. I wanted to wear them everywhere.
2. I also loved my pink Chuck Taylors circa middle school. Granted they have come back in and out of style a few times since then but just past the mid-point of my 30s I just can't justify attempting to wear them again...dangit.
3. I had this awesome pair of red suede cowboy boots at one point. I can't tell you if they were ever in style but I loved them anyway. I'd totally wear them again if I could find any like them. lol
4. I also loved my rainbow toe socks. I've even seen these from time to time in stores but I never seem to be able to justify picking any up. Next time I see them in the store, I'm totally getting them.
5. Acid wash jeans...need I say more? Oh wait I do. Only with the tight roll at the bottom too...anything remotely loose is NOT going to work. LOL
6. I had a green prom dress made from that shiny material that was RIGHTEOUS, people. If I weren't so lazy, I'd drag out the pictures and scan them - my mother made me go to the Sears studio to get my picture taken in this thing. I still have it in my closet to this day and it is GREAT. Sadly it does not fit me anymore but a friend and I have made a pact that if we lose 15 lb and she can fit in her silver one and I can fit in my green one, we're TOTALLY hitting an 80s night at the bar. A-W-E-S-O-M-E (Like totally!!) lol