Thursday, January 21, 2010

Book Review - "Sharp Objects" by Gillian Flynn



First I want to give a shout-out to my friend Gregg for recommending this book to me. This was one that I did not want to put down! I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning (2:15 am) to finish it.

The plot continued to build all the way to the shocking end. Camille Preaker is a journalist in Chicago that grew up in a small town in Missouri. Her editor sends her back to her hometown to report on two young girls that had been recently murdered in the town. Camille's family is bizarrely dysfunctional and as the story develops, Camille's history of hospitalization for cutting herself is revealed as well. The story was intense and entertaining. The characters were sometimes a little "typically small town" but mostly well written. I really enjoyed reading this from start to finish, and I cannot wait to read her newest book, "Dark Places". I'm definitely adding this author to my reading list for a long time to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment