Friday, January 15, 2010

I'm Sick of this Damn Tree!!

It's Friday! Oh wait, I'm a stay at home mom - that word really has no significance in my world. Hubs is working the overnight shifts this weekend so there are no plans, the big boys are at the jerkface's house so it will be more of the same of a regular week - me and the wee ones hanging out.

I still haven't gotten the infernal Christmas tree down. It's beginning to be the bane of my existence. The tree and I have a stare-down daily that goes something like this:

Me: (Glare) You're coming down today.
Tree: I don't think so, you aren't unplugging me, woman.
Me: Not only am I unplugging you, you're going back in the box and back into storage.
Tree: The 3-year-old will revolt. She loves my pretty lights.
Me: I'm sick of looking at you....sighhhh.
Tree: (Continues twinkling sarcastically).

The tree is winning this argument because by the time my dear daughter goes to bed at night, I've lost all motivation to take the blasted thing down. Maybe I should start making some heart shaped ornaments and stick them on there for Valentine's Day?

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that I am not the only one with my tree up. I was feeling down a week ago and threatened my husband that if he took it down that I'd kill him because coming home late at night and seeing the tree made me happy. I'm starting to get a little tired of it too so I think it will come down soon.

    I am willing to bet that Hallmark has ornaments to cover other holidays. I remember when they tried Easter ones a few years ago. You might have luck with Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete