Wednesday, March 10, 2010

What I'm Reading Now...

a lesson before dying Pictures, Images and Photos


I just finished up "A Lesson Before Dying" by Ernest Gaines. It's a classic and never fails to bring tears to my eyes. I've read it before, but every now and again I love to get an old tried and true classic out and read it again.

julie julia Pictures, Images and Photos

This is my current "fun" book...I am loving it so far. I haven't seen the movie yet because I hate seeing the movie without reading the book first. Hopefully I will have the time to finish it up this week.

Total Money Makeover Pictures, Images and Photos

I got this book for free and I decided to sit down and see what it's about. It really has pulled me in more so than I thought it would. Having had past credit issues (thanks jerkface ex) and living on a limited budget, it's really given me some great ideas on how we can manage things and get things paid down by making a plan. I don't buy into everything that Dave Ramsey says but the book does have some solid ideas that I believe are worth following through on. Once I finish the book, I plan to sit down and write out said plan and will probably blog about it too, so look for future postings on this.

I hope everyone is having a fantastic week! Mine is off to a rough start but I am hoping it will smooth out before long. I think zoning off into some reading could be a great cure!

No comments:

Post a Comment