Monday, March 22, 2010

Easter is coming...

Every year I try to avoid the cheesy stuffed rabbit to put in the kids' baskets...in fact I try to avoid baskets in general. Usually a bucket or a bag or something they might actually play with later on...

Last year I took the little ones to church for the Easter egg hunt. They avoided the candy route for the eggs, which made me happy, however, they put little toys inside the eggs. Good deal right? Right. Until....my daughter opens a plastic egg and there is a little fluffy baby chick toy inside. She throws the egg and lets out a blood curdling scream.

My daughter is not a fan of these:
baby chick Pictures, Images and Photos

It's a baby chick for pete's sake. Seems innocuous enough. Yet if she sees one, she will run in the opposite direction, screaming at the top of her lungs. I have no idea where this fear came from either...

And it's not just chicks she is scared of...she doesn't like these either:
Baby Duck Pictures, Images and Photos

Who doesn't like baby ducks? My little princess, that's who. She is not a fan of birds in general. We tried to look at a couple of bird exhibits at the zoo last year, which went really well - until she realized there were real birds in there. At the mall one day in the parking lot, a flock of birds flew over and she's screaming, "No birds! No birds!"

My neighbors have pet birds and we've tried "making friends" and showing her that they aren't scary to no avail, she isn't having any of it.

She is, however, going to look adorable in her Easter dress that her Uncle Shawn bought her, don't you think?

1 comment:

  1. Yep, she's odd. I think they all are in one way or another at that age. W/M, it's sick people...you're sick (doesn't matter if it's not contagious), she's done w/you.

    ReplyDelete