Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Birthday to 2 very special people in my life..

I tried to be in denial last year that I was the mother of a teenager but now that he is 14, I don't think I can deny it anymore. Oh wait, he isn't "technically" 14 until 11:02 pm, so I can live in denial for a few more hours. He's reached the "teen-I-hate-you" years but I love him anyway. He was my first. His younger siblings adore him, especially his baby sister. How could you not adore him? Look how handsome he is... Happy birthday, son. I love you so much!

It's also happy birthday to another one of my favorite men. Today would have been my dad's birthday but we lost him to cancer a couple of years ago. I miss him every day but I know he is with us in spirit. On a day when I've done something particularly stupid I can hear his voice in the back of my mind saying, "Girl, you need to grab both ears and pull." (pull your head out of your butt, for those that don't speak Jim-language).

My brother is the best...the cemetery is about 2 and a half hours away from me, and he lives closer so he went and put flowers on his grave this morning. It looks so nice. I wish I could have been there in person to see it. Today is kind of rough for me, this Daddy's girl is missing her daddy. Happy birthday Dad!

3 comments:

  1. Happy birfday to your dad & you're boy!!! That is a lovely pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janessa, you are such an awesome woman! I love being your friend. Big hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to both! I'm sorry about the loss of your father, he sounds like a wonderful man.

    ReplyDelete