Sunday, April 18, 2010

It's our one-year anniversary!

Happy anniversary to my hubby! I would have to say after a year, I still feel like I made a good choice. hehehe

Sitting in church today brought back memories of our wedding day...all of it was absolutely amazing, but my favorite part is that we wrote our own vows and I saved his vows that he wrote to me and I'm going to share them today with a picture of him reading them:
"Our lives together have been full of many twists and turns. When others said we shouldn’t or we couldn’t, we did. We have made it this far by living by the motto “one day we will look back on this and laugh”. Never knowing what waits for us around the corner, there aren’t many things I can promise, but I know a few:

1. I promise I will always say the right thing half of the time.

2. I promise to snore you to sleep every night.

3. I promise you will never have to paddle the canoe.

4. I promise to love all of our children as if they were my own.

5. I promise to choke down multiple servings of your awful cooking for your sake.

6. I promise to kill all bugs, spiders, mice and other crawly things.

7. I promise I will never spit in your sock again.

8. I promise I will never bore you with cheesy lines like the guys on Grey’s Anatomy.

9. I promise to decorate our house with my socks, underwear and towels.

10. I promise to love you completely every day for the rest of our lives.

Sometimes when I am sitting around the house, I think, “What have I gotten myself into?” and then I see your beauty in Delaney’s eyes, I hear your love of life in Liam’s laugh, and I see your strength, imagination and sensitivity in Schuyler, Keegan and Jaiden. When we found out Delaney was on the way, you told me everything would be okay, and when Liam came along, I got to return the favor. Many people told me before I became a father that my life would be over, I think that is when my life truly began. There is nothing in this world I love more than my family and there is no one I would rather face the twists and turns of life with than you. You accept me as I am, and support me in everything I do. I love you very much and when we grow old and the children are gone, there is no one else I would rather look back with and laugh."


Isn't he great?? Gotta love him...and I still haven't figured out when he spit in my sock.....

5 comments:

  1. I remember that and I loved it just as much the second time around. That is so sweet and you can see the love in his eyes when he looks @ you. I love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw that's sweet. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy day after your anniversary! In honor of the occasion, I just booked our hotel rooms in KC!

    ReplyDelete