Monday, December 28, 2009

Mom...Zombie Style

I haven't gotten my Christmas wish yet...one good solid night of sleep. I am BEAT. I'd take a picture and post it but don't want the rings under my eyes and zombie-esque look to scare anyone. The three-year-old is having issues staying in her own bed in her own room at night. Last night we went to bed about 1:00 am. My wonderful husband takes his half out of the middle of the bed and promptly starts snoring in my ear. I finally doze off and feel a little body crawl up in the bed next to me. She starts snoring shortly after... I am wedged between two snoring bodies with a stuffy nose and cannot get comfortable. I manage to wiggle my way towards the end of the bed so I can get out from between them without waking anyone up. I grab my pillow and head downstairs. Stretched across the entirety of the couch is the 80-some-odd pound boxer. I tell him to get down....he looks at me and blinks. He isn't moving. We have a staring contest.... He wins because I'm too tired to keep my eyes open. I finally give in and tell him to scoot over. Sleeping on an uncomfortable couch with an 80-ish pound boxer wasn't much better than being wedged in between my daughter and husband upstairs. I woke up to the 3-year-old and 2-year-old teepeeing me and the living room this morning. Fantastic. There is no amount of caffeine in the world that is going to be enough today. I need a nap, bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment